Karin Romilly, Field Operations Assistant at FortisBC has won a vehicle safety kit with a year of roadside assistance! Karin entered a draw when she stopped by our booth to chat about road safety at a NAOSH week event hosted by FortisBC.
Karin has been a member of the Field Operations Joint Occupational Health & Safety committee for over 25 years and is passionate about safety. Karin takes “Road Safety at Work” very seriously because the employees that she supports drive for work every day visiting customers, installing services and responding to gas emergencies.
This year Karin’s committee created and produced a safety video that they rolled out in time for NAOSH week. In their “Remember To” video they reminded employees to:
- Circle check their vehicle before driving off
- Avoid distractions and focus on driving
- Stop, think, observe and plan
- Help others to be safe
- Always move forward with their vehicle (“back-up into your parking spot”)
- Stay focused on the job at hand
- Always wear their PPE (personal protective equipment)
Karin encourages her committee members to share safety information with fellow workers so that everyone can go home safe to their families at the end of each day. Congratulations on winning the kit, Karin and thank you for all that you do to keep your colleagues safe!